Designer Copilot Privacy Statement.
Date 23rd November 2009.
Designer Copilot (we) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
For the purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is Heart Internet Limited of 2 Castle Quay, Nottingham NG17 7FE.
1. Information we may collect from you
1.1 We may collect and process the following data about you:
4. 1.1.1 information that you provide by filling in forms on our website Designer Copilot (our site). This includes information provided at the time of registering an account, purchasing services from us or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our site or the services you have purchased;
5. 1.1.2 if you contact us letter or email, we may keep a record of that correspondence;
6. 1.1.3 if you contact us by telephone, we may record our telephone conversation for training purposes and, if you are asking us to provide you with the use of a dedicated hosting server, for the purposes of proving your request;
7. 1.1.4 we may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them;
8. 1.1.5 details of transactions you carry out through our site and of the fulfilment and administration of your orders; and
9. 1.1.6 details of your visits to our site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access and use.
IP addresses and cookies
2.1 We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users' browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
2. 2.2 For the same reason, we may obtain information about your general Internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer's hard drive. They help us to improve our site and to deliver a better and more personalised service. They enable us:
3. 2.2.1 to estimate our audience size and usage pattern;
4. 2.2.2 to store information about your preferences, and so allow us to customise our site according to your individual interests;
5. 2.2.3 to speed up your searches; and
6. 2.2.4 to recognise you when you return to our site.
Where we store your personal data
2. 3.2 Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
3. 3.1.2 Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access. Specifically, your personal data will be stored in accordance with the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard.